Beat the heat and up your beverage game this Summer with pretty, floral ice blocks.
These pretties will have your guests scoring you a solid 15/10 for creativity and all round good vibes at your next Summer sesh.
While there is no rocket science to there, we have discovered a few tips and tricks to the perfect batch of icy, blooms.
U T E N S I L S
- Silicon ice block tray (mix it up with different shapes and sizes)
I N G R E D I E N T S
- Distilled/bottled water
- A collection of edible flowers (ensure these are pesticide free)
M E T H O D
1. Boil the distilled water and let it cool completely.
2. Ensure your flowers/petals are clean and dry.
3. Fill the bottom third of each ice cube square with the cooled, distilled water and set a flower into each cube (we recommend alternating some flowers facing down and some facing up, because it's hard to predict how they will shift as they freeze).
4. Freeze until firm.
5. Remove the silicone tray from the freezer and fill each ice cube square with water to the top.
6. Place the tray back in the freezer until firm.
7. Then simply pop em and drop em (into your favourite Summer cocktail)